- Cargo Handling
- Cargo Securement
- Flatbed Safety
- Longer Combination Vehicles
- Trailer Loading/Unloading Procedures
- Pre-Trip Inspections
Pro-TREAD CSA Overview Updated
The Pro-TREAD lesson “CSA Overview” has already been updated with the newest rules on SMS 3.0. If you login to Pro-TREAD, navigate to the CSA section.
If you’re not yet a client, you can get a little more information about the effectiveness of CSA training for drivers. If you’d like demo access to Pro-TREAD, just drop us a line; one of our sales team would be happy to walk you through the product.
Pre-Trip Inspections are More Important Than Ever
As with a number of CSA violations, cargo violations can be assigned to the shipper, the carrier and/or the driver. A solid pre-trip inspection along with knowledge of tie-down rules and trailer loading can prevent most vehicle maintenance violations. A study by Vigillo found 7 of the top ten Vehicle Maintenance BASIC violations could be avoided with a good pre-trip vehicle inspection.
- Summary of changes from the FMCSA.(PDF)
- All the SMS 3.0 violations from the FMCSA in convenient spreadsheet form.
- A good article from CCJ about the new rule changes.
- Slides from a webinar from Vigillo about the rule changes.
- The FMCSA’s FAQ about the upcoming changes to the Vehicle Maintenance BASIC and Hazmat BASIC.