About Instructional Technologies Inc.
Instructional Technologies Inc. (ITI) helps reduce injuries and accidents in the transportation and logistics industry by providing safety training through Pro-TREAD. Pro-TREAD trains truck drivers and warehouse employees with more than 95 interactive, online and in-cab courses. These courses cover everything from defensive driving and hazmat regulations, from forklift operations to emergency planning. Clients also receive a learning management system, which allows management to track which employees have taken training.
- Instructional Technologies Inc was founded in 1995 by Dr. James Voorhees and Robert Johnston
- Over 5 million lessons taken
- 200+ clients
- Used by leading fleets: Ryder, Schneider Nat’l, US Xpress, Covenant
- Works on any computer with an internet connection
- Works on most major in-truck electronic on-board recorders (EOBRs)
- Recommended by most major logistics insurers, including Baldwin & Lyons and Aon
- Available through major fleet management solutions: RAIR, EBE and others
Driver Training is like Insuring your Insurance
You carry insurance in case of accidents, so why is ongoing training important? Because some accidents don’t go over your (enormous) deductible and no one has outlawed attorneys (yet). Training is what the suits call “risk management.” For a low cost, online training from Instructional Technologies keeps your drivers and warehouse workers safe, minimizes workers’ comp claims, and keeps your bottom line healthy.
Why a $25k Accident Really Costs $625k
If you’re running a 3 percent profit margin and you have an accident that costs you $25,000? Do you know how much freight you have to haul to cover that $25,000? Before you earn another nickel of profit, you need $625,000 in revenue.
$625,000 x 3% = $25,000
Recommended by Fleets
“Pro-TREAD is a powerful component of our risk management programs. It helps make us a safer fleet.”
-Don Osterberg, Schneider National, Vice President of Safety and Training
“Pro-TREAD has helped us reduce collision frequency to the lowest level in our history.”
-Tony Montalbano, Ryder System, Group Director of Safety, Health and Security
“We’ve worked extremely well with ITI over the past five years. We know we can always count on them to go the extra mile for us. It’s great working with their dedicated and talented staff of training professionals.”
-Alan Weisinger,Schneider National, Director of Driver Training
It’s great that the fleets like the training, but what do drivers think? After all, they’re the ones who have to use the training. So we asked 4,500 drivers who took our training what they thought:
- 95% agreed that the Pro-TREAD training would make the company and themselves safer.
- 93% would recommend the Pro-TREAD online lessons to fellow drivers.
- 88% agreed with the statement, “I prefer taking this type of online lesson instead of attending a safety meeting.”
- 74% disagreed that the Pro-TREAD lessons were too basic.