Online Safety Training Pays for Itself with MPG Savings Alone!
A great presentation on driver safety training from Don Osterberg of Schneider National inspired many of the points here. You might check out the interview we did with Schneider’s Director of Driver Training, Alan Weisinger).
- A 1% MPG improvement would save the trucking industry $709 million. The University of Michigan found 36% of fuel economy could be tied to a driver’s behavior!
- A test group of Schneider National drivers improved their MPG 2.8% with a training focus on aggressive driving and fuel management.
- Drivers with a better MPG have a lower crash risk than those with a worse MPG.
More Training Means Better Performance
The last chart in the infographic summarizes shows the impact of training on safety and CSA scores.
In short, the more training that drivers did per year, the lower that fleet’s CSA scores. The impact of using PRO-TREAD online training was most correlated with the Unsafe Driving BASIC of the CSA score.
Say what we will about CSA, it is a decent yardstick for your fleet’s performance. There are exceptions and outliers, but well-run, safe fleets with solid driver safety training programs have low CSA scores.
PRO-TREAD Pricing to Fit Any Size Fleet
We offer two types of plans:
- Pay-As-You-Go: Our per-lesson plan means you never pay for more than you use. You give us an idea of how many lessons you want to establish your per-lesson price. If you go over that amount, the overage stays at the same per-lesson price. If you consistently go over, you can expect a phone call from us to lower your per-lesson rate.
- Unlimited Per-Driver: Your drivers can take as much training as they want, and you pay the same amount per-driver. You will not pay extra with turnover — new drivers replace departed drivers in the system. You commit to one year of training at that number of drivers.